The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has left a devastating impact on the travel industry. Governments across the globe have placed restrictions including borders closures, attractions being shut, holiday and flight cancellations and more. During this time it has been extremely important to ensure we protect not just ourselves but also others. By following government regulations, adhering social distancing, self-isolating and following other advice and travel tips, we can get over this and move on with our lives.
The borders will eventually open up again and the prospect of traveling once again will become a reality. So to prepare you for travel again, we have shared below a few travel tips to help you stay safe when travelling after the pandemic. At the same time we have also shared what steps Exquisite Town Car has taken to ensure safety measures are in place with our limousine service.
Recommendations before you travel
- Before you travel anywhere, please check official government and state issued guidelines. You can visit travel.state.gov for US citizens to check for information.
- It is important to have proper insurance coverage for travel. Make sure you read the terms and conditions, that it covers the country you wish to visit, as well as looking out for anything that might invalidate your insurance.
- Book hotels and attractions that include free cancellation. This will provide extra protection just in case if your plans need to change. It will be a lot easier to get your money back.
Useful Items to carry along when you travel
- Wear a face mask when you are about to travel.
- Carry hand sanitizers and wipes in your carryon bags.
- Since you will be passing through security checks and various places at the airport, we also recommend you do use disposable gloves for the transition.
- If you are traveling with children, please make sure you carry some extra masks in your bags, just in case the kids end up losing theirs.
Some travel tips for your transit through the Airport
- Check in Online to ensure you don’t have to wait in the check in queue.
- Use the curb side drop off facility if available at the airport.
- Wear your masks all the time while at the airport. Make sure you follow social distancing rules while in the queues at the security check points, while waiting in the boarding lounge and at the boarding gates.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has allowed people to wear masks through security at the airports in the US. However, a TSA officer may ask the traveler to adjust the mask to visually confirm their identity during the travel document checking process.
- It’s good practice to wash your hands before and after going through the security screening process.
- Please avoid touching the side rails while using the escalators and elevators unless it is extremely necessary.
What measures has Exquisite Town Car taken for Limo Service in Orlando
Exquisite Town Car values the safety of its customers and in these times, we want to ensure our drivers and vehicles remain as hygienic as possible to ensure maximum protection of our customers.
- Our chauffeurs will undergo a temperature check daily. We want to make sure they do not exhibit any symptoms of coughing, sneezing, fever, headache, sore throat, or even not feeling well. Any of the above, we will make sure they stay home and send a healthy driver in their place.
- We have requested all our chauffeurs to wash their hands before starting every new trip. This also includes washing hands between any rides. All our limousines have been supplied with hand sanitizers. The chauffeurs have been given instructions to use a hand sanitizer in the car if they are unable to access water and soap.
- To help reduce the risk of catching or spreading coronavirus, we sanitize our vehicles at least every day. We use CDC-approved standard cleaning or disinfecting products. Clorox, Purell and multi-purpose surface cleaners help us keep our vehicles sanitized.
- All chauffeurs have been requested to wear disposable gloves. We have asked the drivers to wipe down door handles, armrests, seatbelts, seats, bars and touchscreens of all limousines after every ride.
- While meeting our customers, we have requested the chauffeurs to avoid shaking hands and greet customers with a friendly and professional verbal greeting. Also while opening the doors of the limo for our clients, we have asked them to maintain social distance where possible
- To make our passengers further comfortable, we have requested the chauffeurs to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.
All of the above travel tips and measures are aimed at helping passengers feel safe.
Additional Measures to Safeguard
Some additional measures have been put in place to ensure our limos are as safe as possible.
- For all reservations, we have requested our customers to use a credit card to pay for their reservation.
- We have removed all sorts of magazines from our vehicles.
- The chauffeurs will not exchange business cards. If you want to contact your driver, they can provide the contact number verbally so you can write it down or enter it in your phone.
Above measures are the least we can do to protect ourselves and our passengers
If you have enjoyed reading our blog and believe it can benefit others, a share of the link on your social platforms will be truly appreciated.